Tuesday 5 May 2015

The real taste of Kolkata

I am shocked when I hear my friends, who are born and have been practically living their whole life in Kolkata say they haven’t heard or have never been to Zakria street. 

This old street is the heart of Kolkata’s rich Muslim culture and Mughal cuisine. Everyone in Kolkata who loves food knows the big names like Arsalan, Siraz, Zeeshan, Aminya,  who offer the best in Mughal cuisine like Biryani, Tandoori and Kebabs. 

But amongst these big names there is small Kebab shop known as well it doesn’t have any name never had any its just know as the “khiri  kebab place”, whose name may not be as famous but offer the best kebab in whole of Kolkata. They have been serving the same food for three generations over 100 yrs in the same style as the day it was started. 

The people who have tasted it have gone back again and again for more. They send specialized orders as far as UAE, Hyderabad, Banglore. The best thing about this place is that its price is as old as the shop you can still have a stick at just 6 bucks .

What makes me more attached to this place is that it and I has a similarity, like the place which has been there for generations serving delicious meat my family has been going there for generations to eat the delicious meat. my grandfather used to take my father there and my father now takes me there every time he visits Kolkata. It has quite become a tradition.

Akib Sultan
Msc.Media || PG:1


No comments:

Post a Comment